[AusNOG] List charter Vs Reporters on the list

Mark Newton newton at internode.com.au
Thu Apr 15 16:48:20 EST 2010

On 15/04/2010, at 1:54 PM, Ben Dale wrote:

> On 15/04/2010, at 12:58 PM, Graeme Locke wrote:
>
>> IMHO
>>
>> Why not have people posting to the list remove their company information
>> from their signature blocks....which is a form of advertising in itself.
>>
>> GRAEME
>
> Somebody get that man a beer!  This will solve everyone's issue with being called on the phone AND reduce the number of 1-line posts that contain 70+KB of obnoxiously tall signature block logos, which others then leave attached to all follow-up posts ; )

http://www.linkedin.com/ppl/webprofile?action=vmi&id=22961864&pvs=pp&authToken=nNNE&authType=name&trk=ndir_viewmore&lnk=vw_pprofile

1999 called, they want their search engine technology back. :-)

I'm sorry, the notion that you can hide your identity from a journo by
removing your sigblock is hilarious.  They are trained to find stuff out,
y'know.

Anyway -- The human relationship side of AusNOG is one of the things that
makes it valuable.  If I didn't know which ISPs participants worked for, I'd
have a harder time working out who was credible and who was full of crap
:)

  - mark

--
Mark Newton                               Email:  newton at internode.com.au (W)