[AusNOG] [LINK] [ISOC-AU-mems] Happy Birthday ... AARNet

Narelle narellec at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 15:03:37 EST 2009

On Tue, Mar 17, 2009 at 5:43 PM, Geoff Huston <gih at apnic.net> wrote:

> On 17/03/2009, at 2:45 PM, Narelle wrote:
>
> I think some of you guys are confusing ACSNet, CSIRONet and AARNet.
>>

> nope - bits of my memory might be fading, but not that :-)

I'd never mean that sort of accusation to include you, Geoff. I expect to be
corrected by you well into my dotage. :-)

Re multiprotocol AARNet (apparently originally it ran decnet and appletalk
as well as IP) - how interesting!

Certainly many of the member networks were multiprotocol, but I only ever
remember getting IP and routing via RIP in the really early days from AARNet
[Though of course, it was actually a static route as routing wasn't quite
right for ages].

Cheers

--

Narelle