[AusNOG] That list

Duncan Maitland me at dunc.com.au
Thu Mar 19 16:35:34 EST 2009

> As far as I'm aware, the Government has never made any such
> claim.  There have been times when they've *incorrectly* asserted
> that they want to block illegal content, but those moments come in
> the same interviews, articles and papers which show that they
> lack an understanding of the difference between "illegal" and
> ACMAs "prohibited content" list.

I'm basing that on reading this:
http://www.itnews.com.au/News/98679,conroy-requests-faith-in-net-filter-scheme.aspx

But the article doesn't include the full context of what he said, so fair
enough. And he does seem to change what he says based on who he's speaking
to at the time anyway, which probably indicates that he hasn't made up his
mind.

By the way, I'm not saying that a subset makes it any more of an attractive
proposition. I'm agreeing with you here!

Duncan.