[AusNOG] IPv4 Exhaustion, APNIC EC, and James is a nice bloke ; -)

Jason Sinclair Jason.Sinclair at staff.pipenetworks.com
Mon Jul 21 08:12:24 EST 2008

But the bigger question or perhaps issue is one of attitude (ie
consumerism). I am not confident the answer is solely releasing a truck
load of addresses - exponential use will just increase and while all the
estimates of use of IPv6 suggest we will all be in networking heaven
when it does run out, there is a part of me that reckons we will be
having a similar debate in say 20 years........ How many v4 addressable
devices do you run at home now? But wait until address availability is
not an issue in the future - I can think of about 100 devices at home
that "need" to be networked for various reasons, and all of them I would
like to manage remotely (if I only wasn't so scared!). What was that
about history never repeating???

-JS-