[AusNOG] Tiny Load Balancers in Australia.

Peter J. Cherny peterc at luddite.com.au
Tue Aug 5 23:22:19 EST 2008

Adrian Chadd wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 05, 2008, Guennadi M wrote:
>> Are there any whitepapers available for alteon 180?
> If you look hard enough, there should be some from years ago when they were new.

Sean, there's lots of info on the Nortel site.
If you only need 100Mb links (and I suspect that's all you need)
the AD3 is even cheaper than the 180 and performs well,
you can buy a handful for spares and still have change from US$1k.
NB. It's worth paying Nortel for a late/last WebOS 10.x
We've just upgraded a cluster of 4 x AD3 to a pair of 2424,
still good value @ $4K ea.