[AusNOG] Tiny Load Balancers in Australia.

David J. Hughes David at Hughes.com.au
Tue Aug 5 18:54:33 EST 2008

On 05/08/2008, at 3:03 PM, Sean K. Finn wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I'm pulling my hair out trying to find two *tiny* load balancers for
> a remote server installation to balance IP traffic / http requests
> to two web servers.

The smallest "real" load balancer I've used is the Foundry serveriron
XL.  They are a bit quirky, aren't exactly feature rich, but once
running are bloody reliable.  My experience of support from Foundry
was woeful but that was on their more "capable / expensive" kit (which
we threw out years ago).  The XL's ran for many, many years without
needing Foundry support and proved themselves to be a good little unit.

David