[AusNOG] What does an IPv6 broadband service look like?

Matthew Moyle-Croft mmc at internode.com.au
Sat Aug 2 11:15:30 EST 2008

> It'll depend on the CPE OS platform I guess.

Not really - this is a productisation question rather than a technical
question.
> I figure all the Linux based CPE will look and feel like Linux does, which
> is why I pointed out how I get my v6 connectivity.

Linux can be made to do many things - and it can change and adapt to the
products that companies deliver and consumers want.
> I don't know how a Cisco CPE works - I don't have access to one, but I can
> only guess it's probably different.

Not really - config is different (obviously) but it looks pretty similar
in a lot of ways.

I note only 6 lines different between my original config and my dual
stack one.   But again, I'm not a typical customer.  (My home Class C is
16 years "old" this year!).

MMC