[AusNOG] IPv4 Exhaustion, APNIC EC, and James is a nice bloke ; -)

Mark Newton newton at internode.com.au
Fri Aug 1 11:39:50 EST 2008

On 01/08/2008, at 11:05 AM, Matthew Moyle-Croft wrote:

>> Of course, as Macca pointed out, proxying will probably be the way
>> things will go for most applications in the future anyway.
>
> So application level proxying is okay but NAT isn't?

Yeah.  The end-to-end principle is so sacrosanct that we need to
eliminate
NAT.  But our ends won't be reachable anyway because they'll be proxied.
:-)

   - mark

Mark Newton                               Email:  newton at internode.com.au
  (W)
Network Engineer                          Email:
newton at atdot.dotat.org  (H)
Internode Systems Pty Ltd                 Desk:   +61-8-82282999