[AusNOG] Equinix Peering Now East Coast (Syd/Mel/Bne)

Skeeve Stevens skeeve at skeeve.org
Fri Sep 21 02:12:54 EST 2007

Hey all,

For a while I was getting conflicting information that Equinix peering has
expanded to Brisbane and Melbourne and joining the peering in any city gave
you access to both other cities peering fabric.

I had a couple of people telling me that they were offering it, and others
saying that it was nonsense.

Today I've had it confirmed.

------------------------

All routes are shared between the peering locations in Sydney, Brisbane and
Melbourne.

We have inter-capital backhaul capacity connecting it all up.

Hope this helps,
Terry

TERRY TAKOURIDIS
SALES ENGINEER, AUSTRALIA
TEL +61.2.8337.2004
MOB +61.410.104.791
terry.takouridis at ap.equinix.com
------------------------

So, you seem to only have to connect to Equinix peering in Sydney to get
access to WebCentral peering with Eq in Brisbane.

This is an awesome thing I guess.

Is Pipe looking at offering something like this?

.Skeeve

--
Skeeve Stevens, RHCE
skeeve at skeeve.org / www.skeeve.org

eintellego - skeeve at eintellego.net - www.eintellego.net
--
I'm a groove licked love child king of the verse
Si vis pacem, para bellum