[AusNOG] after hours staff requirement

Chad Kelly chad at cpkws.com.au
Mon Sep 17 16:35:16 EST 2018

On 9/17/2018 12:00 PM, ausnog-request at lists.ausnog.net wrote:

> I'm looking for a company to take on our level 1 support, after hours.
> 10pm - 8am AEST
> 7 days a week, including public holidays.
> Would prefer a local Australian company, but will consider International
> too.
> Require a team of sorts, that handles other companies too as it's not
> financially viable to have a team dedicated to us as the volume of calls is
> bugger all.
>
> We'll just redirect the 1300 number to you during those times, a simple
> greeting, take down notes and urgency, check the on-call calendar and call
> the Engineer to action.
> Basically, I need you to wake up the Engineer on call:)
Frankly if this is all you need a decent phone system will do this
without you needing to hire an outsourcing company.
Most decent PBX systems will redirect to a mobile after hours or better
yet straight to an answering machine that will email a voicemail message
to an engineer.
That way they can decide if the message is important enough to bother
doing anything about, and frankly if you offer an on call service you
should be charging enough that it deters  unwanted callers from ringing
you in the middle of the night anyway.
This is why we don't advertise 24/7 support as idiots randomly spam the
ticket system with rubbish which you then need to delete anyway.
We offer support for critical issues on weekends for existing customers
only.
Your PBX also should have a decent blacklist function for telemarketers.

Regards Chad.

--
Chad Kelly
Manager