[AusNOG] NBN real Business Plans

Tony td_miles at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 7 15:48:10 EST 2017

Yes, the ability to use TC2 for plans makes them a bit more "business like" (and they are typically priced as such). I'm also yet to find out how much better the "business SLA" on the business plans are.
AFAIK the "symmetrical" products are just the same speeds as the "normal" products but with poorer download speed to make the symmetrical (eg. a 40/40 service is really just a 100/40 with the 100m down shaped to 40m down, likewise a 100/100 service on fibre is only a 250/100 shaped down). That's just my belief though, whether the shaping is being done by the wholesale provider or NBN doesn't really matter.