[AusNOG] Here we go - Presto is now live.

Robert Hudson hudrob at gmail.com
Fri Jan 16 14:22:44 EST 2015

I tend to agree.

Right now, there's multicast channels (it's quite amusing to get the
"Foxtel Exclusive" branding all over channels that aren't exclusively on
Foxtel), but they're still pre-programmed.  There's some on-demand content
(catchup TV), and you can rent movies (not cheaply, and you pay a premium
for HD), but given I can get a whole bunch of services (such as NetFlix) to
talk to my TV direct now, and even the FreeTV Plus stuff, meaning catchup
TV is available directly on the TV rather than via a separate device),
FetchTV is in danger of becoming an expensive PVR (and given the paltry 1TB
capacity, not a terrbily good one).

TiVo effectively died here, Fetch may go the same way...