[AusNOG] Here we go - Presto is now live.

Skeeve Stevens skeeve+ausnog at theispguy.com
Fri Jan 16 14:15:51 EST 2015

Honestly... (and I expect a negative response to this)... I see FetchTV as
dead...  Even more so than Foxtel - unless they do something quick.  They
are about as relevant as Quickflix.

Nothing against them... but anyone not OTT'ing is dead in my prediction....
Foxtel has at least a massive (declining) customer base... FetchTV will
need to innovate or die... and I don't see them having the funding unless
they team up (Channel 10 is left? But do they have any $$).

If Presto continue to be only on Telstra bandwidth... I would expect ISPs
to advertise against that... and potentially there could be market unfair
advantage here by Telstra.

I understand and agree with what John Lindsay said... but Telstra's
dominance will become an unfair advantage IMHO.

...Skeeve

--

Skeeve Stevens - The ISP Guy

Email: skeeve at theispguy.com ; Twitter: @TheISPGuy