[AusNOG] NBNCo cherry-picker clauses

Matt Palmer mpalmer at hezmatt.org
Sat Apr 4 18:11:36 EST 2015

On Sat, Apr 04, 2015 at 04:48:00PM +1000, James Cunningham wrote:
> I'm not exactly keen on reading 800 pages of legislation, and don't exactly
> want to drop $1k or $2k in lawyers fees to get an answer to a simple
> question.

It's unlikely to be a simple question.  Hence why there's the $1k to $2k in
lawyer's fees involved.

> Surely someone else in this group has come across this question? Or is
> everyone just burying their head in the sand over the issue?

It's more likely that the people who know, know that it isn't a trivial
question, and that attempts to answer it will probably (a) take a lot of
time to gather all the necessary information to answer the question fully,
and (b) stray distressingly close to the "providing legal advice" line -- so
they're (quite wisely) staying out of it.

- Matt