[AusNOG] Netflix in AU, break up Go4, or TPG peering breakup?

Jacob Gardiner jacob at jacobgardiner.com
Mon Jul 21 11:49:25 EST 2014

On 21 July 2014 at 11:18:36 am, Mark Newton (newton at atdot.dotat.org) wrote:
The Government is entirely impotent in this area.  They cannot force an offshore provider to make decisions which are suboptimal to their business.
This is exactly where the mindset needs to change.

If the Government wants a business like Netflix and many others to invest into Australia’s market then there should be incentives to do so.

Or we could just wait until we run out of rocks to dig up WA then freak out.