[AusNOG] Confirmation of govt blackholing. Was: Re: Understanding lack of Aus connectivity to melbournefreeuniversity.org.

Christopher Pollock chris at ionetworks.com.au
Thu May 16 16:11:18 EST 2013

That's the thing though - it does actually need to be enforced by the legal
system.  Don't just do something because you got a letter or a phone call
from something that sounds vaguely official from some government
department.  Get legal advice.  Stay informed.  The legal system works on
the fact that people are deprived on information; don't be one of them.

"Come back when you have a court order."

It is, and always has been, the correct response.  Don't do anything just
because *someone* says you have to.  And if you are in a position where
your employers tell you to do something that you reasonably believe you
aren't legally obligated to do, you need to object.  They hire you for your
skills, expertise and wisdom; implore them to listen to those things.

--
Christopher Pollock,
io Networks Pty Ltd.
e. chris at ionetworks.com.au