[AusNOG] IPv6: It's a business decision - Timing

Scott Howard scott at doc.net.au
Thu Mar 14 06:45:46 EST 2013

On Tue, Mar 12, 2013 at 8:03 PM, Kevin Karp <ausnog at pps.com.au> wrote:

> $US40/CGNuser/year *in the short term* moving up to $US70/CGNuser/year
> sounds like it would have some fairly dramatic effects on existing business
> models - to me at least.

Unless I'm mis-reading this, the "in the short term" is referring to the
fact that this cost will come *down* over time, as CGN becomes more
common/mainstream.  There's no reason that the per-user cost of CGN should
go up significantly over time, with the exception of the cost of the IP
address to allocate to it - but even that cost is diluted due to it being
shared over multiple users.

At no point does the article mention "moving up to $US70/CGNuser/year". You
are completely mis-representing that.

  Scott.