[AusNOG] IPv6 -"Nope, we're not at the edge" - Cisco...

Don Gould don at bowenvale.co.nz
Wed Mar 6 17:23:09 EST 2013

Oh you've gone nuts!

4in4, 4in6, CGN, the list just doesn't stop...

Here's a radical idea, why don't we just put a publicly visible IP
address on the stupid little black box and then the SIP packets can just
hit port 5060?!

Why make me build tunnels in tunnels?

Are we getting a picture for why SMB isn't making advances with v6?

This is exactly the stuff that's driving SMB geeks away.

Personally I got all excited about v6, built my tunnels, found out all
the issues, went off to look at all the hardware I needed for my current
projects, discovered no one actually cares about v6 at all, including
CISCO, threw v6 at the bottom of the list of things to worry about and
moved on...

Only difference between me and most of the folk in the SMB market, that
ppl were talking about, is that I'm at least honest or just loud enough
to just say it.