[AusNOG] IPv4

Mark Newton newton at atdot.dotat.org
Mon Mar 4 10:48:09 EST 2013

On 04/03/2013, at 10:07 AM, Greg McLennan <mclennan at internode.on.net> wrote:

>     Just my time-line perspective of IPv6...
>
>     I recall sitting in my diploma of computer systems course at my local TAFE
> doing a cisco networking module and spending a couple of hours going over IPv6 in class in 2003.
> The teacher gave no urgency in the presentation to take up v6(there was plenty of time was before we would have to use it.  Look where we are now... )

I recall doing the old Advanced Cisco Router Configuration (ACRC) course in North Sydney
in (I think) 1996.  Covered SNA, Appletalk and IPX as well as IPv4.

I can't remember who the course presenter was, but he was pretty clued up on where things
were headed:  He digressed a bit while we were talking about IPX, and segued into how
similar it'd be to the up-and-coming IPng that we'd all start using very soon.

    - mark