[AusNOG] IPv6

Michael Andreas Schipp MSchipp at a10networks.com
Sun Mar 3 20:14:05 EST 2013

Skeeve, I like this idea but I see a possible problem.   You will break GEO location unless you go down that same path as breaking the main address space by country first - this can lead to waste (or do it multiple time to get a DB of GEO based address ranges every x time to divide it).

Yes I know the range is HUGE for IPv6 but... thinking now save pain later.  Maybe unlike v4 to v6 next time we to vX we will make it backwards compatible.... As this is the sticking point for IPv6 - there is no native IPv4 to IPv6 or vice versa thus we have DS Lite, 6RD, Map-E/T and many others.