[AusNOG] Domestic Peering WAS: Vocus peering traffic missingfrom PIPE-IX?

Chris Ricks chris.ricks at securepay.com.au
Fri Nov 9 10:42:42 EST 2012

Late last year, I wrote to representatives from three political parties,
the ACCC and NBN Co on the issue of this braindead GoF arrangement.

I received the following responses:

  * From Mr Conroy: Nothing
  * From Mr Turnbull: I was subscribed to his mailing list
  * From various people from The Greens: Thanks - we'll look into it!
  * From the ACCC: Nothing
  * From NBN Co: The ACCC looked at it again around 2007 and found no
    need to review the arrangement

The fact that Conroy has made zero statements on the agreement whilst
making ignorant statements about additional submarine cable capacity
being something he'd consider the government getting involved in shows
that a complete examination of current market issues is simply not being
addressed by the people who should be doing so.

- Chris