[AusNOG] Fwd: SEEK Executive JobMail - 1 new jobs for SeekCTO

Glenn Powell Glenno at glenno.com
Fri Sep 10 20:15:05 EST 2010

<snip>
93% of everybody is getting fibre. The rest - particularly the 'outside' - were always
getting radio, in every model - its one of the few ways they all agreed.
Interestingly that remaining 7% is likely to be made up of many many small pockets of
houses inside the nominal fibre footprint area - odd streets and spurs of suburbs
without sufficient housing density to justify a fibre deployment. If you live in a
spur of bushland beside a national park or river, you may be out of luck -
consequently the radio network may have to cover quite a lot of the urbanised area.

Paul.

---

I was asked by a colleague the other day as to what will happen to
those customers currently on ADSL but outside the footprint of NBN
fibre. Having not seen this discussed to date made me wonder how these
customers will be handled.

Will they get a raw deal of being transposed to NBN Wireless (which
might be a step back in speed etc). Or will this allow Telstra to
innovate with whatever the future holds for Copper (VDSL2, bonded 2 pairs etc)

Glenn.