[AusNOG] James is still a nice guy - For APNIC EC - any comments?

Narelle narellec at gmail.com
Thu Jul 31 15:36:01 EST 2008

On 7/30/08, Skeeve Stevens <skeeve at skeeve.org> wrote:

> I am thinking that it would be good for our industry to form an
> APNIC Consultative Group with perhaps half a dozen people who are willing to
> meet every now and then and come up with policy changes/proposals.  At the
> moment, most of the other member economies use their national NIC for this
> purpose, but since AUNIC doesn't exist anymore, that we could have our input
> via another mechanism…. Thoughts?

I suggest that ISOC-AU is also happy to support such an effort, and
recommend that you all join it! See www.isoc-au.org.au

We would probably be happy to set up forums and discussion groups for
this purpose, and may even be able to swing someone to pay for the
occasional pizza night... [note use of term 'may']

You anti-v6 naysayers could even drum up some support for the mother
of all NAT specifications...

--

Narelle
vice president, ISOC-AU