[AusNOG] NBN to offshore NOC?

Luke Thompson luke.t at tncrew.com.au
Thu Mar 16 16:06:04 AEDT 2023

I'm fairly sure field techs have to ring through to an offshore team for
fibre splice checking / approvals already. So they have some crews overseas
now for several years (unless this has since been onshored, though I'm
doubtful).

Many techs have remarked about how long the queue can be to speak with that
team, language barrier, quality of staff, etc.

NOC offshoring is nightmare territory - depending on how it's done. The
national broadband network ought to be just that.

Cheers,

Luke Thompson
Chief Technical Officer

The Network Crew Pty Ltd