[AusNOG] EVERYONE should have a Stratum 1 time server, right?

Oliver Herrmann oliver at monoxane.io
Mon Nov 14 17:56:31 AEDT 2022

Having the device external to the building with a direct trusted connection to your network sounds awfully secure :P
Even if someone wanted to interfere or mock the GPS antenna signal the worst thing that’s gonna happen is NTP/PTP sync problems and your domain controller going “nope, no kerberos here”.
Having multiple redundant clock leaders with their own GPS antennas on different sides of the building stops that sort of attack pretty well.