[AusNOG] EVERYONE should have a Stratum 1 time server, right?

Mark Delany g2x at juliet.emu.st
Mon Nov 14 16:59:04 AEDT 2022

On 14Nov22, Nathan Brookfield allegedly wrote:
> Absolutely true but that's why the board has a UFL/IPX so that you can throw an active antenna to somewehre that can see the sky, absolutely not going to work in a data centre but for home or an Office lab, absolutely acheivable.

Agreed. But lets be frank here. The antenna and cabling costs are likely to be orders of
magnitude more than the shield/hat cost.

I have absolutely no problem with that and have paid the price for other radio
technologies (such as adsb) and I may well pay the price to deploy Rob's excellent
shield. But I think ausnog members benefit from understanding the full BOM.

Mark.