[AusNOG] Packet storm on MegaIX Sydney this morning?

Louis McLennan louis.mclennan at megaport.com
Tue Nov 8 10:56:50 AEDT 2022

Hi Shane,
There was a short broadcast event but our mitigation triggered and avoided
any major impact outside of a couple of services that triggered moments
before our own mitigation.

Feel free to reach our support team via the support chat if you need any
support regarding this but you should be fine to re-enable your port.

Regards,
Louis McLennan

On Tue, 8 Nov 2022 at 09:45, Shane Fletcher <shane.fletcher at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Did anyone else observe a storm on MegaIX Sydney this morning? At approx
> 9:40am ACDT, I saw log entries for " punt cause policer drop packet casue
> 7" on the router, and moments later the switchport dropped into err-disable
> for storm-control (currently set to "level 1.00" on a 1Ge port).
>
> Unfortunately I don't have much in the way of analytics to identify what
> it actually was, or the source.
>
> Shane

*Louis McLennan*
*Network Operations Engineering Manager*

[image: Connect on LinkedIn] <https://linkedin.com/in/lamclennan>

[image: Visit Megaport.com] <https://www.megaport.com/>

[image: ISO/IEC 27001 Certified]

This message and the information in or attached to it, is intended for the
named addressee only and may contain confidential information. If you are
not the intended recipient, please delete it without retaining any copies
and notify the sender. Note that all communications to and from Megaport
may be stored and used in accordance with our Privacy Policy
<https://www.megaport.com/legal/privacy-policy/>. Megaport (Australia) Pty
Ltd. Australia. (Company No. 164 521 519). Level 3, 825 Ann Street.
Fortitude Valley QLD 4006.