[AusNOG] NBN FTTP router recommendations 200MBps+

Mitch Kelly mitchkelly24 at gmail.com
Wed May 4 09:43:36 AEST 2022

Hi,

While the feedback may ot have been Helpful, It does remind us that Just
because someone doesnt like a brand, Does Not make it unsuitable for use,
in certain situations.

Personally i dislike Mikrotik, its clunky and uncustomizable. Equally I
dislike Ubnt for their Firmware breaking images and lack of acknowledging
game-breaking issues. But they both have their place in Networking.

If you want to stick with Cisco, perhaps look at the Cisco ISR1100 Range,
While they are only 4G, They may suit the purpose and replace the aging
1900's

Be Brand Agnostic. No one product will do everything perfect.