[AusNOG] Research Boat Satellite Capability (Bevan Slattery)

Craig Newton cnewton at nexusglobalcom.com
Mon Feb 21 11:59:16 AEDT 2022

Morning Bev,

Currently KU VSAT is probably still the best option.
Could possibly look at using a Kymeta terminal until the likes of Starlink and OneWeb are online and marinized.
We have some hire hardware we could bundle with capacity to save double spending on hardware.
Regardless I would always have an L-Band solution on the boat for emergency use.
Reach out if you would like to run through some link budgets 👍

Cheers,

Craig

Message: 2