[AusNOG] 10G/SFP+ Router for NBN Enterprise Ethernet

Mario Zuppini mario at fluffyduck.com.au
Mon Feb 21 11:40:30 AEDT 2022

Prepare for the Ubiquiti comments to come at you - I personally like
ubiquiti.

Short of a recommendation, something you will want to consider is
redundancy and backup. Mikrotik is what we have run and we recently lost
hardware during a lightning strike, only to find out "the hard way" and
that many many people also learnt the hardway, restoring a mikrotik backup
to the same mikrotik model - doesn't always work.

This is due to it having hard coded MAC addresses in its backup file to
start with, just a reminder to ensure whichever direction you go, look into
your DR methods and always keep a plaintext export of the configuration
secured somewhere.

We didn't, although
Kind Regards,

Mario Zuppini