[AusNOG] Optus SMS issues

Luke Thompson luke.t at tncrew.com.au
Sat Feb 12 12:58:50 AEDT 2022

Hi Patrick,

You could try Gladys - not sure if her mailbox is set-up yet though...

Jokes aside, noc at optus.net.au might work. However it used to report full:
https://lists.ausnog.net/pipermail/ausnog/2019-November/043675.html

Aside from that one: ipadmin at optus.net.au and/or hostmaster at optus.net.au
Might find someone useful at: 1800 555 937 or 02 8082 7800 (experiment a
bit)

Only yesterday we had Optus Live Chat explaining to a customer that Port
25 is neither TCP nor UDP, and that port blocking isn't done by ISPs so
they wouldn't ask a Manager about it, so I'd say you're going to need to
get someone switched-on to avoid the layers of incompetence that seem to
exist within.

Someone like Peter Poulos might be able to help. Plenty of tenure and
lateral/etc movement, and he's within the AusNOG group on LinkedIn.
https://www.linkedin.com/in/peter-poulos-a1ba93152/

Good luck with it, and please report back with the outcome/contact/etc
for the list's benefit.

Cheers,

Luke Thompson
Operations Manager