[AusNOG] Phishing attempt using an Australian bank account

Matt Walker matt.g.walker at outlook.com
Wed Dec 21 07:43:27 AEDT 2022

Had a similar event recently, phishing email using a Bank of QLD account based on the BSB lookup

I reported it to ACSC as well as called BoQ to report it and they froze the account until the owner could be contacted etc. I did sent screenshots of the SMS to BoQ so they could confirm it also.

Hope this helps
Matt