[AusNOG] Phishing attempt using an Australian bank account

Graham Maltby graham at maltby.id.au
Tue Dec 20 09:29:14 AEDT 2022

Hi all,

I have a client who is the victim/target of a phishing attempt - simple
social engineering with a request to update banking details and pay
outstanding invoices. The provided details are for an Australian Bank
(BSB and account number).

Who is the correct authority to direct this to?
Do banks generally respond to this sort of thing where (they are not
implicated nor do I have any authority over the target account)?

I have already reported it to the registrar that registered the bogus
domain.

Any other advice?

Cheers,
Graham