[AusNOG] Slightly OT: Need 20 x 4G devices urgently 8-\

Rob Thomas xrobau at gmail.com
Fri Dec 9 11:19:27 AEDT 2022

Because I'm a blithering idiot, I foolishly assumed that a Telstra
MVNO's SIM would work in a Telstra 4GX USB thing. It does not, and
needs unlocking.

Problem 1: They're Huawei E8327h-320 and apparently need a 'v5' 16
character unlock code, which is only available directly from Huawei.
Telstra said they can unlock them in a week or so, for $80 (which is
more than I paid for them)

Problem 2: This is for a bunch of local customers of mine who are
going to be offline for most of a day due to the local ISP doing a
fibre upgrade.

Problem 3: The outage is on Thursday of next week.

I am throwing myself at the mercy of those here, who may be able to
offer ANY SOLUTION AT ALL (apart from manually activating the 20
prepaid sims that CAME with them, which can't be batched).

I do have a handful of blank NORMAL Telstra SIMs here - I don't think
I have 20, but I probably could scrounge close to that number up - if
someone who has access to the Telstra Systems wants to put me over a
barrel and get some commission for 20 odd new mobile signups.

All the sites that are getting these backup connections are on 'Tiks,
so it doesn't NEED to be USB, just in case someone has a pile of old
ethernet-only devices they are wondering what to do with.

Also perfectly happy to rent/lease/whatever if you have them in stock
and can get them to 4680 , AND trust "Honest" Rob to return them or
replace them 8)

--Rob
0402-077-155 - Feel free to call and <nelson>HAW-HAW</nelson> at me if you want.