[AusNOG] AUSNOG Mailing List Dissapointment

Rob Thomas xrobau at gmail.com
Wed Dec 7 07:31:38 AEDT 2022

On Tue, 6 Dec 2022 at 22:45, Daniel A <da2355281 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Time to vent.... -
>
> I've been on the mailing list for years.

[Waffle removed]

Really? An anonymous person who is using a random Gmail account, saying that:

> this mailing list is meant to be about network operators, talking to other network operators, about technical issues and interesting tech relevant to what we do

The list, over the years, has grown into a surprisingly good
self-moderating and inherently on topic mailing list. We all have a
rough idea of what belongs here, and apart from the VERY rare
declarations from on high, this is by far one of the highest quality
and most relevant mailing lists around.

This was the cherry on top:

> Anything, whatsoever, coming from someone who doesnt run a network.

When I read that comment, from an anonymous account, I wasn't sure if
you were trolling or just being totally oblivious to the irony there.

I suspect that if you want to be taken seriously, before you start
claiming that this is only for network professionals who run networks,
maybe you should act like one yourself and not hide behind an
anonymous account.

--Rob