[AusNOG] modern awards

Terry Sweetser terry at ionetworks.com.au
Sat Aug 27 08:48:11 AEST 2022

Hi NOGGERS,

I suggest a quick look at:
https://awardviewer.fwo.gov.au/award/show/MA000041#P1634_133943

Applies (quoted):

For the purposes of clause 4<https://awardviewer.fwo.gov.au/award/show/MA000041#P102_5334> telecommunications services industry means any business:
(a) whose principal function is a telecommunications service carrier;or
(b) whose principal function is a carriage service provider or a content service provider;or
(c) whose principal function is the supply of telecommunications services including value added telecommunications services;or
(d) whose principal function is incidental,ancillary or complementary to the businesses referred to in clauses 4.2(a)<https://awardviewer.fwo.gov.au/award/show/MA000041#P106_5805>,4.2(b)<https://awardviewer.fwo.gov.au/award/show/MA000041#P107_5876> and 4.2(c)<https://awardviewer.fwo.gov.au/award/show/MA000041#P108_5968>;or
(e) which supplies labour to a business in the telecommunications services industry on a labour hire basis in respect of any such labour hire employees while engaged in the performance of work for a business in the telecommunications services industry.
IANAL, but B and D look close “enough” for webhosting companies.  The award does NOT cover technologists and engineers.

And of course, read the NES at
https://www.fwc.gov.au/documents/awardmod/download/nes.pdf

TCS