[AusNOG] Promotional material at AusNOG Events.

Shaun Deans shaun at kadeo.com.au
Tue Aug 2 16:33:07 AEST 2022

It got the better of me and I'm glad it did.

TLDR: 50x Streams = 'the sponsor' - Swag

---

* Income

* August 2022 =  ~ 300 Attendees ( https://www.ausnog.net/events/ausnog-2021/attendees ) at $600 per ticket (Average) ( https://www.ausnog.net/events/ausnog-2022/registration )

* Total $180K

* Sponsors = 'Nearly Half' → $90K

* Who Done It And What Did They Offer ?

* I'm just going to say everyone pays equal but they probably don't

* This will bias for the fact that it could be any tiering and we don't want to single out community members who may be sponsors

* So the 'sponsor income' could be 15K

* nice round number

* and its 'nearly half'

* Streaming to to masses!

* 50%  Cost for Streaming Ticket = $300

* Total Streams = $15,000 / $300

* That's only *50 tickets and it may break even*

* 3 people said they'd be interested already.

* This doesn't include:

* Savings: Onsite Costs such as venue hire, insurance, etc etc

* Expenses: Bandwidth and Streaming Costs🙄

* Past performance is not a indicator of future performance. /s

* All advice is general in nature  /s

🎤 💁‍♂️

SD.