[AusNOG] Optus reporting major outage across its network

DaZZa dazzagibbs at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 13:01:46 AEST 2022

As a possible data point - whatever it is appears to have broken some
apparently unrelated services

We use Duo for MFA - all my users on Optus (and other networks in some
cases) are currently unable to authenticate using the Duo push app, me
included.

Phone effectively says "No internet" - when it does have it - when
trying to reply to the push

Duo claim their service uses Google/Apple's push services - which
leads me to think that somehow, Google and Apple hook into Optus
somewhere, and this issue is related - the timing is too coincidental

But what do I know?