[AusNOG] Spreading the load of ISP customers at Layer2

Joseph Goldman joe at apcs.com.au
Tue Sep 14 07:55:42 EST 2021

With have the same gateway IP universal across routers - I can't really
help with that, and if you've got a 'hack' that is working, perhaps
stick with that.

  In regards to sharing load between mikrotiks, assuming you are using
DHCP server (IPoE, since you specified no PPPoE) - my solution would
require a remote agent to use Mikrotiks API in x increments to gather
number of subscribers per router, then adjust delay-threshold (or
authoritative setting) to delay accordingly to the lowest subscriber
count Tik so it responds first. It is a definite hack-about but should
still achieve what you are after. I'd also be interested in just leaving
them all the same and letting general network fluctuations decide which
response it gets first and uses, but that has a higher possibility of
them stacking on one.