[AusNOG] Telstra contacting ex-ADSL customers - illegal?

Jake Anderson yahoo at vapourforge.com
Thu Oct 7 00:56:44 EST 2021

I had a customer getting billed for 8 months after they ported their
numbers out.
They even cancelled with telstra 2 months after being ported despite the
CSR crying about how they will have their phones cut off if they do it.
Telstra acknowledged at every stage after the first 3 months that they
had ported, and that telstra really shouldn't be sending them nastygrams
about it.

I'd be a happy camper if Telstra were as good as what you've experienced
with port outs ending the service as they are meant to. (Lol could you
imagine organising a port out, then telling telstra to cancel the
service on the day of the port? The port took 3 months waiting time,
then was delayed by 3 months, so total time from "hey let's port some
numbers" to "we are no longer being harassed by telstra" was 1 year and
2 months.)
I'd gladly trade getting spammed about it over getting anxiety ridden
customer calls about their multi thousand dollar bills and being sent to
collections.

(Ok, yes this was just a rant, also yeah, 80% of the people I've dealt
with at telstra are great, they just aren't the ones able to do anything)