[AusNOG] Peer with AWS through MegaIX

Tim Sandy timsandy at gmail.com
Sun Jan 10 10:51:05 EST 2021

Completely a guess, but; Maybe something to do with automatic detection and
remediation of incorrectly redistributed routes? Would be much easier to do
this if you have a definitive list of bilateral peers.

On topic - We have bilateral peering with AS16509 over both Mel and Syd
MegaIX, as well as IXAus Vic and EquinixIX Syd. These have all been stood
up in the past 6 months, but it was ~8+ months after my initial request. I
emailed the contact on the peeringdb page, the email seems to have changed
so it's probably not prudent to share the old address. Unless we're talking
about a significant traffic volume, I think patience is the only approach.