[AusNOG] RPKI and MikroTik RouterOS

Mike Everest mike at duxtel.com
Wed Sep 30 10:32:52 EST 2020

Hello all,

Since RPKI support by ROS V7.x was raised recently, with reports on
problems/bugs, I thought it timely to seek some update from MikroTik about
it :-}

First up, it is definitely worth remembering that any beta version should be
used for testing only - it is released as 'beta' because bugs are expected,
and the developer is seeking some feedback and assistance to find and
analyse those bugs.  My understanding, from some correspondence with our
technical contacts at MikroTik, is that most (if not all) bugs in RPKI that
were reported to them have already been addressed (perhaps even 'fixed' ;)
and will be included in the next (beta3) release.

There is an open offer for anyone who would like to test those changes prior
to release of beta3 can seek access to a test build by sending a request to
their servicedesk queue via support at mikrotik.com - you can mention case
#[SUP-29200] which includes reference to that open offer.

I'm also open to further discussion direct for anyone who wants to! :-)

Cheers,  Mike.