[AusNOG] Urgent: Telstra NOC

Job Snijders job at ntt.net
Wed Sep 30 07:58:07 EST 2020

Dear 'DaZZa',

On Wed, Sep 30, 2020 at 07:38:24AM +1000, DaZZa wrote:
> What part of "Root cause investigations are underway" is difficult to
> understand?

I didn't ask for a root cause analysis.

> As much as I have an intense dislike for all things Telstra, this got
> fixed at 5:48 am AEST, according to Russell - it's now barely 07:40 am
> AEST - demanding a root cause analysis in less than 2 hours from an
> organisation as large as Telstra is a bit rich.

Please understand that this event had negative impact on the global
Internet routing system for HOURS, hundreds of networks abroad were
also impacted.

It is not 'rich' to ask what action was taken to stop this issue. I ask
for more detail because it is useful to understand if international
carriers need to take additional precautions.

Kind regards,

Job