[AusNOG] (no subject)

Rob Thomas xrobau at gmail.com
Thu May 21 13:23:54 EST 2020

If you wanted to do this simply, just grab a linux machine with three
network interfaces, and do this (assuming eth0 is 'real' and eth1 and
eth2 are where you want to insert the tap)

brctl addbr sniff
brctl addif sniff eth1
brctl addif sniff eth2
brctl stp sniff off

You can then do a tcpdump on the 'sniff' interface and you'll see
everything at a packet layer (not a frame layer). If you really REALLY
want frames, it's harder, but mostly doable. It looks like that USB
thing is only at the packet layer anyway, so you should be fine.

--Rob