[AusNOG] microsoft online service Telstra DNS issues.

Saxton, Joseph (SYD-FED) Joseph.Saxton at interpublic.com
Wed Jan 30 09:24:42 EST 2019

Service degradation

User impact:

Affected users are unable to authenticate to and access Microsoft 365
services.

Latest message:

Title: Unable to access Microsoft 365 services User Impact: Affected
users are unable to authenticate to and access Microsoft 365 services.
Current status: We've received reports of an issue affecting access to
Microsoft 365 services. We've identified a degraded portion of
infrastructure that manages authentication requests and have restarted
that infrastructure to mitigate impact. Scope of impact: This issue may
potentially affect any of your users attempting to access Microsoft 365
services. Start time: Tuesday, January 29, 2019, at 9:15 PM UTC
Preliminary root cause: A portion of infrastructure that manages
authentication requests is degraded, affecting access to one or more
Microsoft 365 services. Next update by: Tuesday, January 29, 2019, at
10:30 PM UTC