[AusNOG] DNS Flag Day - 1st February

Philip Loenneker Philip.Loenneker at tasmanet.com.au
Thu Jan 24 14:12:36 EST 2019

Hi all,

I saw this mentioned on NANOG (thanks Brian Kantor) and hadn't seen it anywhere else so thought I would raise it here for anyone else who may not be aware.

Quoting https://dnsflagday.net/

  The current DNS is unnecessarily slow and suffers from inability

  to deploy new features. To remediate these problems, vendors of

  DNS software and also big public DNS providers are going to

  remove certain workarounds on February 1st, 2019.

You can get more information and check your domain for any DNS issues that may be impacted by this change from the dnsflagday.net site.

Regards,
Philip Loenneker | Network Engineer | TasmaNet