[AusNOG] Telstra Business - known issues??

Ross Wheeler ausnog at rossw.net
Sat Apr 27 12:10:28 EST 2019

On Sat, 27 Apr 2019, Jake Anderson wrote:

> The Telstra T-gateway modem/router seems to forget port forwards with
> regularity.

So I've heard!

> Probably teaching grand mother to suck eggs but have you rebooted the
> modem then deleted and recreated the port forwards?

They were indeed the first things we tried, but alas no difference.

> I resorted to tunnelling connections out then bouncing
> stuff back over the tunnel as the port forwards were so spotty.

Yeah. In an ideal world, this sh!t wouldn't be necessary.
An advertised product would work as advertised :)

My (panic call, broken and garbled message, followed with an SMS) didn't
give me much latitude, so the temporary workaround has been to set up a
secondary MX, accept all the mail for their domain and forward to a gmail
address one of the staff had.

Heard from the boss this morning, he's due back in the country late today
and we'll work on it later - I thought I'd check in the off-chance there
was a known outage or change in product specifications!

Thanks though.
R.