[AusNOG] Copyright Amendment Bill 2018

david at kvr.com.au david at kvr.com.au
Fri Oct 19 12:37:54 EST 2018

Certainly it can be bypassed by a knowledgeable 10 year old but the
majority won't because the majority don't have the computer literacy of
a determined 10 year old.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Default_effect

Also I'm unsure how to respond to this type of thing, if we laugh at
their attempts at blocking websites then they will simply introduce
tougher and tougher measures until we're not laughing anymore.

China has shown they can effectively control the Internet that is
delivered to their citizens.

So I'd just like to say well done to the government for implementing a
fantastic existing, successful website blocking scheme that is very
effective.

Sorry if this is a discussion for whirlpool.