[AusNOG] AAPT announcing my IP range (STOP IT!)

Mark Newton newton at atdot.dotat.org
Tue Oct 16 17:28:47 EST 2018

On Oct 15, 2018, at 1:27 PM, Shannon Stadtmiller <Shannon.Stadtmiller at aapt.com.au> wrote:

> Probably best that you speak directly with your RSP/Reseller in relation to the /24 range and ensuring that this is given back to you.
> As the cancellation is raised by your RSP/Reseller, it is up to them to raise it correctly to AAPT to stop the range being advertised.

Excuse me?

If Ross has records to show that it’s his /24, then Ross gets to decide who announces it, not some random reseller.

If AAPT is implementing a process that means resellers get to unilaterally decide what happens to someone else’s address space, then AAPT’s process is buggy and needs to be fixed.

You’re clearly on notice. Why don’t you just stop?

  - mark