[AusNOG] **** STOP THREAD **** Common Sense needs to prevail

David Hughes david at hughes.com.au
Tue Oct 9 17:11:04 EST 2018

Shanti,

As you already assumed, your total disregard for this list has resulted in your access being moderated and all future posts will need to be approved.

David - on behalf of the moderators.
…

On 9 Oct 2018, at 3:13 pm, Shanti Korporaal <shanti at eintellegonetworks.com<mailto:shanti at eintellegonetworks.com>> wrote:

Hey all

I find it amusing that a bunch of middle class (probably white) (and mostly) men with first world problems are talking about sexual harassment.

Each case is different, and most women in the tech space in the west can speak up for themselves and say when they are unhappy about any unwelcomed advances towards them - which clearly someone has and good on her. What she should have done is told the event organiser then and there, and if super inappropriate, called them out for it then and there. I for one would have knocked them on their ass and shoved any phone with inappropriate pictures in a place they would regret.

Guys, you are all amazing and titans of the industry, please don't be brought down by garbage like this. This incident is nothing new and any woman in this industry for more than 5 minutes will know to have her defences up, fight back and who to talk to about putting someone in their place - Bevan for one.

Ausnog events and drinks in this industry and others are awesome places to meet people, especially a good looking successful guy. I might even meet one someday myself (haha, love you babe!).

Since I've already broken the rules and will likely be banned for being a strong woman who can speak layer 2 and has a bucket full of IPv4 to sell:

Anyone looking for a /18? I've got an Australian one ready to go!

We have v4 available now. Check this link and let us know if you are interested. By the way, pricing is around USD18 and expected to hit USD20 at the start of 2019.<http://v4now.com/availability/>

***Going down in a ball of flames!***

Regards
Shanti

Shanti Korporaal - Director & Senior IP Broker
2014, 2015, 2016 Anthill 30Under30
shanti at eintellegonetworks.com<mailto:shanti at eintellegonetworks.com> ; www.eintellegonetworks.com<http://www.eintellegonetworks.com/>
Phone: 1300 239 038<tel:1300%20239%20038>; Direct: +61 (0)2 8091 1224<tel:(02)%208091%201224> Cell: +61 (0)423 045 588 ; skype://shantikorporaal
facebook.com/eintellegonetworks<http://facebook.com/eintellegonetworks> ; linkedin.com/in/shantikorporaal<http://linkedin.com/in/shantikorporaal>
twitter.com/shantikorporaal<http://twitter.com/shantikorporaal>
Elastic Fabrics - Elastic Engineers - Elastic ISPs - Elastic Enterprises